Monday, January 11, 2010

Excuses

Alright..It is now January 11th.  How many of us have fallen of our goals already?  I know in the past 4-5 days that I have. 

What are your Excuses?  The weather?   My job?   The kids?  I don't feel well?  I just don't have the time!  Well these are some of mine also.  But what does it really mean? .  They are excuses.  Websters offers a definition as: 

an explanation offered as a reason for being excused1. to regard or judge with forgiveness or indulgence; pardon or forgive; overlook (a fault, error, etc.): 2. to offer an apology for; seek to remove the blame of:  3. to serve as an apology or justification for; justify: .4. to release from an obligation or duty

Ok, now that we understand what it is.  Lets do something about it.   One thing we can do is to be creative.  We all have to juggle time so he have to find it.  Example:  Today I had to take the car into Firestone to be worked on which is two miles away.  I could have waited the 2-3 hours  for it.  But I dressed correctly and jogged the 20-25 mins home.  I had every excuse to stay there and read a book: (it is 20 degress out,  I don't want to jog back., The car wont take that long at the shop,  etc.)  I sucked it up  zipped up my running jacket and jogged the 20 mins back home.  I was creative.  I made time.  On top of it I will eventually get in a 4 mile run.   2 miles there and two miles back .  I also picked up and extra hour and twenty mins to two hours in my day by not cooling my heels in the service shop.

 I admit it I was lazy the past 4 days.  I did not work out.  I did not feel well.  I did not like the cold.  I did not want to run in the snow.  It is OK.  You do not have to let your entire goal of better health be side lined because you fell off the wagon for a week..  Get up. Dust yourself off and find a way to fix it.  Take the stairs instead of the elevator.  Roll yourself out of bed 15 min earlier and do some exercises.  Take the kids sled riding.  Go with them,  don't just drop them off.  They will actually have fun with you.  If you are creative and find the time to workout and do something for yourself,  I gaurantee you will feel better about yourself.

It is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment